Over fifteen years of design and development experience in professional environments. Expertise in business application architecture and development. Ability to lead and mentor development teams applying Agile and Lean principles.
- Software Design & Architecture; SOA; N-Tier; Event Driven; Distributed
- MySQL; SQL Server; MongoDB; Couchbase; Redis; Memcached; ElasticSearch
- Azure, Service Bus, Table Storage; AWS, EC2, ELB, S3
- Domain Driven Design; CQRS; Event Sourcing; MVC; MVP; MVVM
- Test Driven Development; Unit Testing; Automated UI Testing
- Continuous Integration, Delivery, and Deployment
- Web Development; Microsoft Windows Development; Linux System Development;
- Leading, Coaching, Mentoring Developers
- Windows & Linux Server Administration
Full Circle TMS, New Market, Ontario
June 2014 – March 2015
Director of Engineering
Hired to lead new start-up in developing TMS (Transportation Management Software).
- Technologies: ASP.NET / C#, MySQL, ElasticSearch, AWS, EventStore, AngularJS
Pareto Business Group., Windsor, Ontario
June 2014 – March 2015
Sr. Software Developer
Hired to lead development of ERP Software (Pareto Business Engine).
- Develop and improve product development process
- Mentor development team in coding practices and principles
- Manage the build & deployment pipeline
- Implement features and bug fixes
Next Dimension Inc., Windsor, Ontario
June 2010 – June 2014
Sr. Software Developer
Hired to handle planning, development, delivery, and post-implementation support of various types of software applications, use a variety of technologies. Interaction with customers, account managers, and administrative teams.
- Lead design (SOA architecture), development and testing of manufacturing business system. Fifteen month project completed by delivery date exceeding initial deliverable. Developed using .NET (C#), SQL Server, Domain Driven Design, CQRS, Continuous Integration with automated unit and UI testing. Coach team members in patterns, practices, and principles.
- Overtook lead development of an ongoing custom transportation business application. Responsibilities included completion of in progress development, requirements gathering for new changes, and EDI development. Developed in .NET (C#) and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Lead design, development and testing of a web based file transfer application. Developed using PHP, MVC, MongoDB, HTML, jQuery, Twitter Bootstrap, Knockout.js.
- Deployed new virtualized hosting environment for a 55 Million Visitors per Month website. Environment included load balanced web server cluster, DNS servers, MySQL replication. All automated configuration provisioning using Puppet.
- Microsoft SQL Server Installation & Migrations.
- Microsoft SharePoint Development, Installation & Migrations.
- Created and development process from pre-sales to continuous delivery applying Agile principles.
- Reporting using Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services, Business Objects Crystal Reports
- Project estimation and writing project proposals
- Legacy development maintenance using variety of technologies (VB6, MS Access, Perl)
Web Hosting (Apache, IIS) and DNS (Bind) Server Administrator
Everyday Style, Windsor, Ontario
May 2003 – June 2010
Software Developer & Server Administrator
Recruited to maintain existing custom software and manage database and file servers. Oversee companywide IT and coordinate all IT related tasks.
- Lead design (N-Tier), development, and testing of new internal company-wide retail business system using C#/.NET and MySQL to replace existing outdated software. Thirteen month project shipped on due date that included customer and order management, inventory, payroll, and reporting. Used by all internal staff including Data Entry, Customer Service, Shipping & Receiving, Accounting, and Executives.
- Unit and Integration testing using Visual Studio 2008 Unit Testing Framework.
- Developed private online order system for thousands of Canada wide sales reps using PHP (MVC) & MySQL.
- Development of in house MVC Framework and AJAX (XmlHttpRequest) library.
- Integrated online ordering system with existing dBase IV software.
- Migrated Netware Server to Linux Server.
- Implemented and maintained email server using Linux and IMAP.
- Developed new offsite and replication backup servers and software.
- Developed payroll direct deposit EFT (CIBC) software.
- Integration with Canada Post, Purolator, and Canpar shipping software.
- Maintain network of 30+ workstations including Windows 98 & XP, Linux, Mac OS X.
- Created company policies and procedures governing corporate security, email and Internet usage, access control.
- PCI-DSS compliance.
Web Solutions, Windsor, Ontario
October 1999 – May 2003
Hired to design and develop e-commerce and content management applications. Maintaining production and testing web and email servers.
- Developed frontend and backend of a customizable ecommerce application using PHP, XML, XSL, MySQL, and Python.
- Developed credit card transaction management system to communicate with Caledon Card Services payment gateway.
- Managed a co-located Linux email and web server for all customer web and email hosting accounts.
Nextair, Windsor, Ontario
Oct 2000 – Mar 2001
Hired to join a team of developers to design and develop a web and wireless applications.
- Developed web application to interact with RIM Blackberry devices using Delphi (Object Pascal) & MSSQL7.
- End user testing
- Maintained Microsoft IIS development and testing servers.